Friday, February 4, 2011

ISLAND A WEEK: Aegean Collection - TINOS

My AEGEAN COLLECTION features rings and pendants that have been inspired by the light and color of my beloved Greek Islands. These pieces are mixed media jewelry, where each piece has a ceramic shard as its focal. For each ring or pendant, I have completed the ceramic shard in a different way, using different materials and techniques such as metal (aluminium or copper) sheet, copper wire, polymer clay and acrylic paints.
Each piece of my Aegean Collection is named after a different island, so I thought I'd introduce them one by one! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Greek Islands of the Aegean!!!
Here is a beautiful and complete website about the Greek Islands:
http://www.greek-islands.us/

TINOS (Greek Τήνος) is a Greek island situated in the Aegean Sea and one of the largest islands of the Cyclades archipelago. It is located between Andros and Mykonos. Tinos is a craggy, yet rather green island. It is known for its many churches, chapels and dovecotes. It's a typical Cyclades island with narrow streets, white-washed houses, beautiful villages and a bustling port lined with restaurants and hotels. Its huge Church of Panagia (Virgin) attracts thousands of pilgrims from all over the country on the 15th of August, feast day of the Virgin.









More islands in this series:
LEROS
PATMOS
KARPATHOS
LIPSI
NISYROS
KALYMNOS
TILOS
KOS

14 comments:

Yael said...

Wonderful ring and pendant Anna!!!

Could we sit together at the place of the last picture and have coffee and cake???????????????????????

Annuk said...

Thank you dear Yael!!!

Oooh I'd LOOOOOVE to sit there with you and have a Greek coffee (I suggest frappe) and a piece of cake, and enjoy a beautiful lazy day :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

creationsbyeve said...

gorgeous ring and pendant Anna!!!And beautiful pictures from Tinos!!

zsazsazsu said...

I am curious to see what you will make for my favorite island Chios.
have a nice weekend !

Unknown said...

I have never been to Greece.
I have no idea why! It is so beautiful! I just adore the light and these bleu colors.

Annuk said...

Thank you dear Evelyn :)!!!
Sandra, I'll have to come up with something about Chios ;)!
Hagar, hop on a plane sometime, Rhodes is close to you :)!

Carrie said...

Oh I long to go back to a greek island - your photos, my goodness. We were in crete and santorini but we had a car accident and couldn't fully engage in the holiday at the time. I would like to met you and Yael if that's okay for the frappe at the cafe :) Then I'm off with my camera xxxx

Annuk said...

Oh YAY Carrie, please do join us with your camera!!!! Can't wait to drink a Greek frappe, I guess I'm going to make a post about it sometime :)! Oh now I'm dreaming about lazy dreamy afternoons in a Greek cafe in the shade... *sigh*
xxx

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Your ring really captures the beauty of the Greek Islands! One of my dearest friends is Greek and lives in Athens. I've traveled to many of the islands with her.
A lazy dreamy afternoon in a Greek cafe sounds wonderful!

Annuk said...

Thank you :)! The Greek Islands are wondeful!!! Glad I made you dream about a lazy dreamy afternoon in a Greek cafe too ;)!

Helmitarha said...

Beautiful creations, Anna! ;) And I love the complimenting pictures! I can see, where you get the inspiration. Gorgeous!

Annuk said...

Thank you, dear Jana :)!!!

pantarei said...

what beautiful tribute to an enchanted island!
Annuk can I join you girls for a lazy greek afternoon?cake and frappe' sounds perfect....teleio!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
ps.....but first..i am waiting for you here!:o)))

Annuk said...

YESSSSS!!!!!! A lovely ladies' afternoon at a Greek cafe!!!!!!!
xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...