Friday, December 10, 2010

ISLAND A WEEK: Aegean Collection - PATMOS

My AEGEAN COLLECTION features rings and pendants that have been inspired by the light and color of my beloved Greek Islands. These pieces are mixed media jewelry, where each piece has a ceramic shard as its focal. For each ring or pendant, I have completed the ceramic shard in a different way, using different materials and techniques such as metal (aluminium or copper) sheet, copper wire, polymer clay and acrylic paints.
Each piece of my Aegean Collection is named after a different island, so I thought I'd introduce them one by one! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Greek Islands of the Aegean!!!
Here is a beautiful and complete website about the Greek Islands:
http://www.greek-islands.us/

PATMOS (Greek Πάτμος) is a small Greek island in the Aegean Sea. One of the northernmost islands of the Dodecanese complex, it has a population of approximately 3000. Patmos is a charming, picturesque and peaceful island still far from the flow of mass tourism. In 1999, the island's historic center Chora, along with the Monastery of Saint John the Theologian and the Cave of the Apocalypse, were declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.







16 comments:

antigoni said...

excellent!!!!

creationsbyeve said...

such a fantastic post!beautiful photos and the ring is amazing!!!!!Bravo Anna!!!!!

Annuk said...

Eyxaristo poliiiii koritsia!!!! I'm really glad you enjoyed :)))!!!!

Yael said...

The rings are very lovely Anna! And the photos: I wish I would be there right now!

Annuk said...

Thank you Yael :)! Oh I wish I was there too :)!

heartshapedcreations said...

A truly wonderful and inspired post! Luved it!!! Bravo Annoula! :)

TinaA said...

I enjoyed this post very much!

stephania d. said...

very beautiful design and photos!!!
I love the islands too and wish to go to Patmos one day :)

Tatiana Kontouli said...

Awesome series!!!!
Congrats ;)

Annuk said...

S'eyxaristo Maraki :)! So sweet from you!!
Glad you enjoyed, Tina :)!
Let's go there together Steph :))!

Annuk said...

Thank youuuuu La Boom! :)))

mosaicology said...

I am glad you wrote about Patmos. I featured the island on my blog some time ago. It is divine!! I have been there.

pantarei said...

Annuk!!!Thank you for this wonderful tour around the Dodecanese..and btw Patmos rings fits the beauty of the Island , according from the photos!!!Can't wait for KAL....sssssssss!!!!!!xoxoxoxo

Annuk said...

Thank you girls :) I haven't been there (yet), but it must be a wonderful island!!! And my tour goes on... with many more amazing islands! Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

Amazing Ring and such a lovely post with beautiful pictures! I must go to Greek some day!

Annuk said...

Thank you, dear Nancy :)!
And... I agree with you: you should visit the Greek Islands some day, your painter's eye would be enchanted!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...