Saturday, December 4, 2010

ISLAND A WEEK: Aegean Collection - LEROS

My AEGEAN COLLECTION features rings and pendants that have been inspired by the light and color of my beloved Greek Islands. These pieces are mixed media jewelry, where each piece has a ceramic shard as its focal. For each ring or pendant, I have completed the ceramic shard in a different way, using different materials and techniques such as metal (aluminium or copper) sheet, copper wire, polymer clay and acrylic paints.
Each piece of my Aegean Collection is named after a different island, so I thought I'd introduce them one by one! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Greek Islands of the Aegean!!!
Here is a beautiful and complete website about the Greek Islands:
http://www.greek-islands.us/

LEROS (Greek Λέρος) is a Greek island and municipality in the Dodecanese prefecture in the southern Aegean Sea. It is a small and peaceful island offering all what a small Greek island of the Aegean can offer: an amazing blue sea, enchanting villages, warm hospitality and... the incredible light that you can find only here, in the Aegean.






4 comments:

pantarei said...

Annukamou!!!
Packing and going to Leros!!I need it!LOL
then..seeing its closeness...I can always hop on the next ferry to K A L Y M N O S!!!!!!!:o)))))
BTW...super orew anello!!!!!xoxoxoxo

Annuk said...

Thank you Cucci mou!!!!!
We love the Greek Islands!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxo

Nancy Grönholm said...

Oh how wonderful it looks! It makes me feel like kicking my shoes off and spend an entire morning climbing slowly through all those steps, listening to the sea and thinking romantic thoughts...:)

Annuk said...

Nancy your comments are pure poetry by an artist!!!! Thank you so much, the image you "painted" with your words is wonderful :)....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...