Friday, April 12, 2013

FLOWERS AND KITTIES


There is a place in Rhodes which is really dear to my heart... It is the old Turkish Cemetery. A place of incredible beauty and peace, which I have always loved and which is even more special because it was my Zoe's first home. It's a peaceful ancient place with old beautiful engraved tombstones under the shade of old magnificent eucaliptus trees. This place is really dear to my heart and it's so peaceful and you don't even feel the pulsating life going on not far from it outside this little garden of eden. A beautiful little mosque from ancient times and a graceful white minaret make it a really dreamy place full of poetry. Many lovely cats have chosen it as their home, and I love just sitting there and cuddling them... and of course bringing them some goodies! My friend Sirpa and other lovely people help the homeless cats living there. I love coming back from year to year, and recognizing my furry friends... My sweet furry friend Jolie lived here too.


Now, in the spring, it is literally strewn with lovely flowers...


Can you spot the kitty among the poppies in the image above? :)


















19 comments:

syros2js said...

I don't think I have visited this place... Next time!!!
It 's always nice to have sweet memories of a place...
Even though it's a monument/cemetery, it was Zoe's first home and this will never change!!!
(I also loved the kitties in the photos!!!)
Kisses, Annuk!!!

Annuk said...

It's truly filled with sweet memories! :)
Filakia!!!

Sahildeki Ev said...

It rally looks like a lovely place, but again kitties are expert in finding the best places..Enjoy your days in Rhodes..

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oh the cats must love playing hide and seek with each other among these tall grass and flowers!

Ariadne said...

What a great place!AriadnefromGreece!

Annuk said...

Thank you my friends!!! :)
It's truly a lovely place, I'm glad you enjoyed!

purpleleath said...

It's really nice to know that Zoe's first home was peaceful and beautiful... My girls are sending you lots of purrs!!!

Marilia said...

Beautiful images!! Amazing place!

Funky Monkey said...

Thanks for sharing with us these beautiful photos of this place, dear friend! It looks amazing! Kisses!

Annuk said...

Thank you Maraki mou!!!
Lots of love and purrs coming your way!!!!

Thank you Marilia! :)

Thank you my dear! :)
Kisses!

DIMI said...

Gia sou my sweet Annuk!I remember i had read your post about how you find Zoe in that place!Amazing pictures!!Enjoy your beautiful hollidays in Rhodes!Have fun!!Filakia to you,Zoe and Lilli!!

Annuk said...

Thank you, my dear Dimi!!! :)
Polla filakia!!!!

Hilde said...

What an interesting and beautiful place. It looks so peaceful there. Love the flowers and the cats!
Have a good time and enjoy your weekend, Anna :)

Vores have said...

Hello Anna. Nice pictures you show from Rhodes - the place you where Zoe grew up.
've Thought about whether you may take a little kitten home to the Alps? - Wish you a good weekend :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Annuk said...

Thank you Hilde! :)
Have a lovely weekend! Hugs from Rhodes!

Thank you Hanne Bente! :)
Oh I wish I could take them ALL...!
Hugs!

Nancy Grönholm said...

lol, it took me a longish moment to spot that tail! But what an amazing place, they've found a paradise there! You should ge paid by the Rhodes tourist ministry - I can't imagine a single person not wanting to go there after visiting your blog! :D

pantarei said...


Annuk...beautiful photos and what great memories..Rhodes in spring looks even prettier....and the kitties ..the sacred guardians of "your"little corner of peace and inspiration!!!
xxooxoxox

Annuk said...

My sweet Cousin, I know you know what this lovely place means to me... And yes, Rhodes is definitely so sweet and peaceful in the spring!!!
xoxoxo

Annuk said...

Sorry Nancy, my answer seems to have disappeared... :( Thank you for your sweet comment! :) LOL, I thought you'd say I should get paid to be a tour guide for crazy cat ladies! ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...