Friday, August 19, 2011

CREATIVE CORNER: Mini Decoupage on Wood


One of the exciting and challenging things about making "experimental jewelry" is that I get to experiment with lots of techniques on very small surfaces... I have these large unfinished wood buttons, and I decided I wanted to decoupage them as a basis for further decoration.



Rather then decoupage, I did a mix between decoupage and papier mache! I glued little scraps from a Greek magazine, using a generous layer of decoupage glue so as to drench the scraps and fix them well to the wood.





Stay tuned for the next steps!

15 comments:

kraplap said...

They look delicious !!! great idea.

antigoni said...

great...!!! bravo Anna :)

Annuk said...

Thank you ladies! :)

Akamatra said...

Mmmm can't wait to see what happens next....!!!!!

Yael said...

Yes, good idea Anna! Let us see what is next - we are curious! :-)

Annuk said...

Thank you for your interest, ladies! :)

FishesMakeWishes said...

they look fantastic Anna, what a great idea!
Aleka

Maria - Heartshapedcreations said...

They look so cute and lovely! What a great idea, can't wait to see the next step! :)

Annuk said...

Thank you, sweeties!!! :)

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Excellent! Look forward to the next steps as well. :)

Annuk said...

Thank you Elisa! :)

OnePerfectDay said...

I love the buttons.
I'm very curious as to what you'll make with them.....

Annuk said...

Thank you for your interest, Gia! :)

pantarei said...

We are ALL hanging there....please let us know the next step!What smart idea Annuk!!!xoxoo

Annuk said...

Thank you my Cucci! :) The next step coming soon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...