Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Featured Today: SHARDS OF ORIENT



I have always loved archaeology and ancient civilizations... and I love the Greek Islands of the Aegean! These passions come together in my SHARDS OF ORIENT! I had already been using the technique of mixing white polymer clay with blue deco sand for some of my rings... the final result reminds of stone or ceramic, and that was perfect for my Greek ceramic shards! The beautiful ceramic shards emerge from the "stone" like pieces from a crumbling mosque... Don't these pieces look like ancient finds from a long lost civilization?

The upper pictures are rings, and my favorite piece is the pendant... I love it so much that I guess I'm going to keep it for myself if it doesn't find a buyer soon :)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...